Friday 6 April 2012

Lipstick Fridays Nivea Big Berry

Hi Lovelies

Its Good Friday today so I hope that you all have some time off  to enjoy yourselves and if you are anything like me - recharge your batteries. Ive been so busy over the last few weeks I hardly seem to have had any time to blog which I find rather annoying ! My little box of things to blog about seems to be getting bigger and I have a list of posts I want to share with you all too ! Hopefully over the next few weeks I will get some spare time to sit down catch up on my posts.

Anyway back to the matter at hand - today I am wearing a Nivea Colour Shine lipstick in Big Berry.
The thing that excites me most about this lipstick ?
Is the fact that it was free !



I also really love the colour of this lipstick although it is not highly pigmented it does give a wash of subtle colour and shine to your lips, I wouldnt describe it is a berry colour though, I would say it is more of a cool mauve. This is not a long lasting lipstick - I found it lasted just over an hour on my lips. It glides on smoothly but I did have to give it a couple of swipes to build up the colour you see in the swatches - it feels more like a really silky gloss on your lips and not a lipstick. This lipstick also has the added benefit of containing jojoba and avocado oil which I find is adding some much needed moisture. This weather seems to be playing havoc with my lips just now !




 Things that I dont like about this lipstick - the taste and smell of it ! 
Ok I know that you arent supposed to eat your lipstick,  but its on your lips,  its hard not to end up tasting some of it and it does leave a bit
of an aftertaste ?! It also has that indescribable lipstick smell that conjures up memories of something your gran would have worn twenty years ago. This said though - it was free and if you would like to try it out the offer is still on here all you have to do is pop it in your basket and when you are checking out in the voucher code box type freenivealippy - you will only pay £1.99 for postage. Half Price Perfumes also have some fantastic offers on Stila makeup - check it out and you might grab yourself a little Easter bargain.

Lots of Love
Lipstick Fridays
xx

15 comments:

  1. wow the shade and the packaging is lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty color :)
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS!!! i am so upset that nivea doesnt have lipsticks sold here in the US! there is a color i have been dying to try! i cant remember the shade, but they have such pretty colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh wow thats ashame xx let me know the colour and I could always send it to you if you like xx You could paypal the money to me if you wanted xxx Just email me if you wanted to do that xx

      Delete
  4. It's a lovely shade, love the metallic look too!

    Great that it was free too, so I guess it's allowed to not be perfect :)

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a beautiful colour xx yes im loving the fact it was free xxx makes up for its down falls ha ha xx

      Delete
  5. Looks like a pretty color, but I hate when lipsticks smell funky!

    http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know xx I hate that xx It is such a pretty colour though xx

      Delete
  6. Great review! This is definitely my favourite lipstick that I own!! I find it so moisturising, and the colour is STUNNING. I don't mind the taste or smell actually...didn't even notice them! I do agree about the poor longevity of it, and the fact that quite a few swipes are needed for a good colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun xx Im really fussy when it comes to gloss and lippy but the colour of this is just gorgeous xx

      Delete
  7. This is great!! Looks lovely, really want to own this.

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete