Saturday 19 January 2013

Illamasqua Viridian

Hi everyone
This morning I decided to crack open one of my Christmas presents and give it a first time outing. Illamasqua Viridian is a limited edition nail polish and came as a set with a gorgeous purple glitter polish called Glitterati and if you likey then hurry over to Illamasqua now as this gorgeous set is now on sale for £15.50. Its safe to say that I have definitely come out of my comfort zone over the last year when it comes to nail polish, I was a big fan of  neutral colours and still am but sometimes there is nothing more stunning than a simple pop of colour - it can add an extra dimension to an otherwise simple outfit. To be blatantly honest Illamasqua isn't a brand I buy all that often that being said their nail polish is amazing and definitely worth checking out. I decided on trying Viridian first because it was my least favourite of the two and if I didn't like it on then it was going to straight into the give to family members pile - it looked alright in the bottle like a blackened dark green laced with ever so tiny flecks of turquoise glitter, yes in theory it was nice but it just didn't grab my eye, all that went absolutely flying out the window when I applied it. If I had to describe it in one word I would call it dazzling ! Viridian is a joy to apply - the consistency is just right, the brush is a little on the small side for my liking but because of the consistency of the polish you don't experience any streaking, in fact the smaller brush is amazing for precision application helping you to achieve that perfect finish, anyway enough rambling on Viridian can also be bought on its on for £13.50 if you don't want to invest in the set.
What do you guys think ?
Lots of Love
Lipstick Fridays
xx


9 comments:

  1. I've just bought this set too as I wanted Glitterati. I was ready to give Viridian away as soon as it came as I hate greens but I like the look of it so might hold onto it. Can't argue withe two Illamasqua polishes for £15 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt exactly the same and then I put it on and now Im totally in love with it xx £15 is quite the bargain isnt it xx Im hoping the sale is still on in February when my spending ban is over he he xx

      Delete
  2. Omg! this probably a best green peacock shade i have ever seen want to own it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt it just the most beautiful colour xx Its so stunning xxx

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful! I've been wanting this forever but bought the Essie dupe (Trophy Wife) which just doesn't compared :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is gorgeous xxx Cant wait to try out the other colour xxx

      Delete
  4. I bought the same pack but was little disappointed with the red one ! Its streaky ....

    http://dailydiaryofabrowngirl.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really ? I havent tried that one yet but really loving this colour xx Cant stop staring at my nails ha ha xx

      Delete