Wednesday 7 December 2011

Keep Calm and Get A Tan

Hi everyone

I hope that you are getting in the Christmas mood - its not long now until Santa arrives. My wish list is getting bigger by the day !
The Christmas period is a really busy time for me with spray tans and nails so I thought I would put together some top tips on how to get the most from your spray tan this Christmas.
Spray tanning is one of my most favourite treatments to do and believe me it takes practice to give someone a fantastic spray tan - I like my clients to look like they've just returned from a week in the sun rather than looking like they've been tangoed !!
It is important that your salon provides you with the best advice to get the most out of your tan after all some salons can charge as much as £25 for a tan. The advice below is advice I give my clients to make sure they leave my salon with a fantastic tan.


For best results exfoliate before and after your spray tan. Whilst in the bath or shower use an oil free exfoliator all over paying particular attention to your hands, elbows, knees, ankles and feet.  

Before Tanning 
  • Tell your therapist if you have any allergies
  • If you are taking medication always inform your therapist - this may have an impact on how your tan turns out
  • You should always receive a patch test 24 hours before you are tanned to determine whether the tanning agents are suitable for your skin
  • Dont use any other self tanning products for atleast a week before your spray tan
  • Wax or shave atleast 24 hours prior to your spray tan
  • Do not wear any make up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions as these may react with the tanning agents
Immediately after tanning
  • Wear dark loose clothing and sandals or flip flops
  • Keep your skin dry - watch when drinking as this could remove the tan around your mouth
  • Allow the tan to develop - generally this will take 6-8 hours
  • Avoid any other beauty treatments
  • Avoid activities that make you expire
After your tan has developed
  • Rinse off remaining colour guide with warm/hot water - once the water runs clear you can use a mild soap
  • Avoid products with AHA's as these will strip your tan
  • Avoid swimming pools as chlorine can fade your tan
  • To prolong your tan use an oil free moisturiser daily to lock in colour and hydrate your skin
  • 5-7 days after your tan gently exfoliate every 2 days to ensure your tan fades evenly and prepare your skin for your next tan .
With Love
Lipstick Fridays
x

2 comments:

  1. I really like this post!good tecnique
    Passes to see me on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    http://keepintouchwithfashion.blogspot.com/
    have a wonderful day… keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really useful!!:) i lvoe reading your blog!
    can you please check out my blog! i just started but i'm hoping to put up several posts a week!! :)
    http://beyouxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete