Monday 10 October 2011

My First Review

Hi

Welcome to my very first review.

I have made a couple of purchases over the last few days which I will also be reviewing. One of the purchases being the highly praised Urban Decay Naked Palette - the palette had been sold out and recently came back into stock.
I really wanted to see what all the fuss was about as I have never been a fan of Urban Decay and this palette is my first purchase from them
The palette itself is quite striking and has a lovely velvety feel to the box and also comes with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and eyeshadow brush.

There are 12 gorgeous colours in the palette , all with fantastic names:-
Virgin - Pearly cream
Sin - Pale pearly pink
Naked - Beigy taupe
Sidecar - Sparkly darker beige
Buck - Toffee colour
Half Baked - Goldy bronze
Smog - Bronzy, brown
Darkhorse - Grey, Brown
Toasted - Pinky, brown
Hustle - A lighter grey, brown
Creep - Sparkly dark grey
Gunmetal - Sparkly grey/blue
Colours shown from left to right - virgin,sin,naked,sidecar,buck,half baked, smog, darkhorse,toasted,hustle,creep and gun metal.
I am very impressed with the range of colours in the palette and the pigments are just fantastic - on my first application I applied the primer potion all over my eyelid and then applied Virgin all over. I applied sin all over my lower lid and used sidecar over the crease. I used dark horse to line my lower lashes. The shadows were a joy to apply , they feel so soft and creamy and this is actually the first time I have visited the ladies at lunch time and not had to re-apply my eyeshadow. What on earth was I using before !?!
I love this palette and hope that this is a permanent fixture in the Urban Decay line - the colours are wearable, its not one of these palettes where you find that there are one or two colours you could give a wide berth to.

Where have you been all my life Urban Decay ?
I would highly recommend this palette to anyone who asks - this is definately worth parting with £35. A staple for every girls make up arsenal !

With Love
Lipstick Fridays


No comments:

Post a Comment